Messe Düsseldorf GmbH offers trade fairs in both a physical-digital format (hybrid trade fairs with on-site as well as digital elements) and trade fairs in a purely virtual format (consisting exclusively of digital elements).
The general terms and conditions listed here (hereinafter referred to as “GTC”) apply equally to both entrepreneurs and consumers (hereinafter referred to as “Visitors”), unless otherwise stipulated.
These General Terms and Conditions govern the legal relationship between Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, represented by the Chairman of the Board of Management Wolfram Nikolaus Diener, Messeplatz, Stockumer Kirchstraße 61, 40474 Düsseldorf, Tel. +49 211/ 4560-7600, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and its Visitors with regard to the ordering and sending of (generally electronic) admission tickets as well as catalogues (in electronic form or in the form of a voucher that can be redeemed for a physical catalogue on site) or Wifi vouchers.
The admission tickets allow Visitors to enter and stay at the Exhibition Centre at hybrid trade fairs. They also grant access to virtual rooms and the use of electronic services provided by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH at both hybrid and purely virtual trade fairs. This also includes support services to enable communication between Visitors and exhibitors.
In the event of an order, these GTC shall apply exclusively in the version valid at the time of the order. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to change the GTC at any time. You can save and/or print out the current version of the GTC as a PDF file.
3.1 All offers made by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH are subject to confirmation. The offers made by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH in its webshop and also on site constitute a non-binding invitation to you as a Visitor to purchase admission tickets and/or other products (see section 1) from Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
3.2 If and to the extent that on-site sales are offered at the ticket counters, these will proceed as follows: You will make a binding offer as soon as you inform the staff on-site at the ticket counters of the type and number of tickets you require. Messe Düsseldorf accepts the offer by handing over the ticket(s) to you. In return, you pay the admission fee.
3.3 Sales via the webshop proceed as follows: You submit a binding offer as soon as the order has been completed in accordance with the procedures described in section 3.4 or section 3.5. The automatic confirmation e-mail following the order is merely of an informative nature and is not yet a declaration of acceptance. In the case of physical products, such a declaration shall be made by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH when a confirmation of dispatch is sent, at the latest, however, when the goods are dispatched. In the case of electronic products, this shall take place when the electronic product (in particular e-tickets) and the associated invoice are sent by e-mail.
3.4 The procedure for the online offer for the sale of admission tickets for boot Düsseldorf and CARAVAN SALON in the webshop of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is as follows: You select your item(s) in the webshop of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, these items are then placed in the shopping cart. You can then register for the customer portal or place an order as a guest without registering. If you wish to redeem vouchers or promo codes, registration is mandatory. Then enter the data required for the order. You can check this data again in the next step. The payment method is selected after entering the data. By pressing the button “Order subject to payment” you complete the order. It is no longer possible to cancel the order after pressing the button "Order subject to payment". In summary, the ordering process is as follows: Select the item - enter your data - check all details - select the payment method - complete the order.
3.5 For all other events (trade fairs) of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, the procedure is different and as follows: If you are already registered in the Ticket Shop, log in with your e-mail address and the corresponding password. If you have not yet registered, register for the first time with your e-mail address and all other data relevant for the order. An e-mail will then be sent to the e-mail address you entered, which you must confirm. After confirmation, you can log in to the webshop with the e-mail address and the corresponding password. You can now select the articles in the desired quantity and redeem voucher codes. You can then check and/or enter the billing address, then select your payment method. Finally, the order will be summarised for you. By clicking on the button “Order subject to payment” you complete the order. In summary, the ordering process is as follows: registration/log-in - item selection - check all details - select payment method - complete the order.
3.6 For (special-interest) trade fairs, Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to issue admission tickets exclusively to trade visitors (e.g. trade buyers) and to check the trade visitor status.
3.7 The admission tickets may not be resold or otherwise transferred to third parties without the prior consent of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
4.1 The prices listed in the webshop are stated in euros and include statutory value added tax. The order is placed against advance payment and the goods will only be delivered after full receipt of payment. No reservations will be made until payment has been received. The sale of the products is subject to availability. In this case, a corresponding notice will be given in a suitable place. Visitors are not entitled to an increase in capacity.
4.2 Deadlines and dates, whether given by Visitors or by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, are non-binding.
4.3 Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall be entitled to render any service owed by it itself or have it rendered by a subcontractor, unless this is excluded in view of the nature of the service.
Payments shall be made by credit card, instant bank transfer (KLARNA) or PayPal. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to allow other methods of payment in individual cases (e.g. direct debit, purchase on account).
6.1 The warranty and liability shall be governed by the statutory provisions, unless otherwise provided.
6.2 Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall be liable for damages other than those resulting from injury to life, limb and health, insofar as these are based on its own intentional or grossly negligent actions or on culpable breach of an essential contractual obligation by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH or one of its vicarious agents. If an essential contractual obligation is breached through negligence, the liability of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall be limited to the foreseeable damage typical of the contract. Any further liability for damages shall be excluded.
6.3 Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall not be liable for damage caused by measures taken to maintain security and order. If, as a result of a misjudgement of risks, the event is cancelled, restricted or aborted on the instructions of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, the latter shall not be liable for cases of simple negligence.
6.4 Messe Düsseldorf GmbH’s strict liability for damages for initial defects (Section 536a, paragraph 1, alternative 1 BGB) is excluded.
6.5 Insofar as the liability of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is excluded or limited in accordance with the provisions of these GTC, this shall also apply for the benefit of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH’s vicarious agents and assistants.
Cancellation of PARKING PASSES FOR MOTORHOMES / CARAVANS in P1/P2 is possible up to 14 calendar days before the start of the booked reservation period. After this date, purchased parking passes can no longer be cancelled.
Emergency number 111 (internal) (or: +49 211 / 4560 111)
Police 110 (external)
Fire 112 (external)
8.1 The Exhibition Centre is private property. The owner is Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, Messeplatz, Stockumer Kirchstraße 61, 40474 Düsseldorf, Tel. +49 211 456001, which exercises the domiciliary rights in addition to the respective organiser.
8.2 Visitors may only enter the grounds including the buildings (except administration) with a valid admission ticket. All other persons require a pass. A stay is only permitted for the times and buildings specified by the admission ticket or pass. Exhibition stands may only be entered under the supervision of the stand personnel.
8.3 Adolescents who have not yet reached the age of 14 may only be present at the Exhibition Centre if accompanied by a parent or guardian. Exceptions apply only if expressly posted at the cash desks.
8.4 The facilities open to Visitors are to be used with care and consideration. All other facilities and installations may not be entered or put into operation.
8.5 Photography or filming at the Exhibition Centre and in the halls, in particular of the exhibition stands and exhibits, is not permitted. Exceptions apply only with the express permission of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH (photo permit).
8.6 Vehicles may only be driven onto the exhibition grounds with special permission.
8.7 Smoking is prohibited in all catering facilities. Smoking may be prohibited in other individual rooms. The relevant notices must be observed. In order to protect non-smokers, we kindly ask you not to smoke in the halls and rooms, but to use the specially designated areas.
The smoking areas at the entrances to the halls are set up for this purpose.
8.8 Depending on the nature of the event, the bringing of bags and similar containers into the event may be prohibited. For security reasons, bags and similar containers and clothing, such as coats, jackets and capes, may also be checked for their contents. More extensive checks and access restrictions may be carried out for specific reasons.
8.9 Weapons may not be brought onto the premises. This also applies to substances similar to weapons, such as pepper spray and other irritant gases.
8.10 Dogs and other animals may not be brought onto the premises.
8.11 Event Visitors must leave the event and the grounds at the end of the opening hours.
8.12 For safety reasons, the closure of rooms or buildings and their evacuation may be ordered by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH. Persons staying there shall follow the instructions and proceed to the respective assembly points outside.
8.13 In individual cases, the instructions of the control personnel must be followed.
9.1 Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall provide electronic services to Visitors in accordance with the external presentation and/or advertising of the individual event, in addition to the services at the Düsseldorf Exhibition Centre (in the case of a hybrid trade fair) or instead of the services at the Düsseldorf Exhibition Centre (in the case of a virtual trade fair).
9.2 The core component of the provision of electronic services is the operation of a platform accessible via the Internet by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, including the provision of content on the platform. Depending on the nature of the event, various functions are offered to Visitors via this platform, such as especially access to content provided and access to audio or video transmissions, either as a live stream, download on demand or interactive format with opportunities for Visitors to participate. Access to the platform is made possible for Visitors in accordance with the external presentation and/or advertising of the individual event, namely via a website or apps for smartphones made available by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
9.3 If electronic services are owed by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, its service obligations shall only include the provision of system resources or the creation of the possibility for Visitors to use them. Transmissions of image and/or sound signals shall be offered at the transfer point to network level 3 (in-house transfer point, transition to the wide area network) in a medium type and quality, in sufficient dimensions for the number of Visitors that can be reasonably foreseen within the framework of the planning of the individual event.
9.4 Messe Düsseldorf GmbH’s responsibility for the system resources ends in any case at the transfer point to network level 3 (in-house transfer point, transition to the wide area network). It shall not be liable for the transmission of image and/or sound signals, for individual access to the platform or for content made available there. The system resources provided by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall guarantee an availability of 95 percent of the time on an annual average. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall not be liable to provide any data backups.
9.5 Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall also have unrestricted domiciliary rights in virtual rooms that are made possible as part of electronic services. This includes that the persons acting on behalf of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH have access to all virtual rooms at all times, also insofar as these are subject to special event-specific use by individual external users. The house rules for the Düsseldorf Exhibition Centre shall apply mutatis mutandis, unless individual provisions remain inapplicable by virtue of their nature. The domiciliary rights can be enforced in the exercise of reasonable discretion by removing the Visitor from the virtual room, if necessary also by aborting an event.
9.6 In the case of individual services, Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall be free to demand reasonable cooperation from the Visitors and to make the service dependent on this. In the context of the provision of electronic services, in particular insofar as subcontractors are used for this purpose, it is permissible for Visitors to be required to successfully register, even if this is to be done directly vis-à-vis the subcontractor.
10.1 As a rule, the events organised by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH are designed to enable Visitors and exhibitors to enter into a communicative exchange with each other. This applies to trade fairs of all kinds. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is therefore obliged to create framework conditions that facilitate communication.
10.2 Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is also required to work towards promoting the establishment of interest-based communication relationships for Visitors and exhibitors. These promotional obligations are subject to the proviso that Visitors and exhibitors actively participate in their fulfilment by following interest-based indications for the guidance of visitor flows and indicating interests on questionnaires.
11.1 Should individual clauses of these GTC be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the contract. In this case, the relevant statutory provision shall take the place of a non-included or invalid provision.
11.2 Düsseldorf shall be the exclusive place of jurisdiction insofar as the Visitors are legal entities under public law or special funds under public law, are merchants or have no general place of jurisdiction in Germany, have transferred their place of residence or habitual abode abroad after conclusion of the contract or their place of residence or habitual abode is unknown at the time the action is brought. The application of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG) is excluded; German law shall apply.
11.3 The German language version of these GTC shall take precedence over other language versions in the event of any contradictions between different language versions.
Düsseldorf, November 2022
1. The following General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "GTCs") of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, represented by the CEO Wolfram Nikolaus Diener, Messeplatz, Stockumer Kirchstraße 61, D-40474 Düsseldorf, apply exclusively to orders for tickets in the online shop of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH , tel.: 49 211 / 4560-7600, email: email@example.com, in the version valid at the time of the order.
2. These GTCs apply equally to entrepreneurs and consumers, unless otherwise agreed.
3. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to change the GTCs at any time.
4. The current GTCs can be saved as a PDF and/or printed out.
B. Contractual partners, conclusion of contract and order process
1. The contract for purchasing the tickets is with Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, represented by the CEO, Wolfram Nikolaus Diener, Messeplatz. Stockumer Kirchstraße 61, D-40474 Düsseldorf, tel.: 49 211 / 4560-7600, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A ticket can only be purchased in connection with a valid admission ticket for an event organised by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
3. 3. All offers by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH are subject to change and non-binding. It is possible to place the tickets in the shopping cart without obligation by clicking on the "Add to shopping cart" button. You can also enter the desired quantity. All tickets that have been placed in the shopping cart can be found in the shopping cart overview (which can be accessed by clicking on the shopping cart symbol). Additional tickets can be added or removed there. The ordering process can be cancelled at any time by closing the browser window before clicking on the button "Order with obligation to pay". If you want to order the tickets in the shopping cart, click on the "Order with obligation to pay" button. Then you get to the ordering process. The necessary data is taken from your registration to purchase the ticket for the event. When ordering via the button "Order with obligation to pay" a binding purchase offer is made, which requires acceptance by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH. The automatic confirmation email that follows the order is only for your information and is not yet a declaration of acceptance. This only comes when you are sent the e-ticket and the corresponding PDF invoice by email.
C. Prices, due Dates and payment
1. The prices stated in the online shop are given in euros [€] and include statutory sales tax. The price at the time of the order applies.
2. Payment is due immediately and the goods will only be delivered once the money has been received in full. No reservations will be made until payment is received.
3. Payments are made by credit card, immediate transfer (KLARNA) or PayPal. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to allow other payment methods in individual cases (e.g. direct debit, purchase on account).
D. Validity period, validity and use of the tickets
1. Transport is provided exclusively by Rheinbahn AG, Lierenfelder Straße 42, 40231 Düsseldorf. The conditions of carriage of Rheinbahn AG must be observed. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH only organises the sale of tickets.
2. The ticket can either be saved on a mobile device or printed out and used in paper format.
3. The ticket is valid for 2nd class local public transport (bus, S-Bahn and U-Bahn) from Rheinbahn AG and only in the city of Düsseldorf (price level A3). This does not apply to Deutsche Bahn AG trains (e.g. IC / ICE) that are subject to a surcharge.
4. The ticket entitles you to travel to and from the trade fair on the day of your visit and to any number of other journeys in the city of Düsseldorf until 3:00 a.m. (CET) the following day.
5. It cannot be transferred to other people and is only valid in conjunction with a valid photo ID and the admission ticket to the stated Messe Düsseldorf GmbH event.
6. If the event is cancelled or called off for whatever reason, the travel ticket will no longer be valid. In such a case, the cost of the ticket will be reimbursed immediately. The same means of payment that the buyer used for the payment will be used for the repayment.
E. Right of cancellation
1. Consumers as defined by § 13 BGB (German Civil Code) have the following right of cancellation:
Right of cancellation
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason. The cancellation period is fourteen days from the day on which you, or a third party named by you who is not the carrier, took possession of the goods. In order to exercise your right of cancellation, you must send us (Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, Messeplatz, Stockumer Kirchstraße 61, 40474 Düsseldorf, tel.: 49 211 / 4560-7600, email: email@example.com) a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or an email) about your decision to withdraw from this contract. You can use the attached sample cancellation form for this, but it is not mandatory. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send notification of your decision to exercise your right of cancellation before the cancellation period has expired.
Consequences of cancellation
If you cancel this contract, we must refund all payments that we have received from you, including the delivery costs (with the exception of any additional costs resulting from your choosing a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), immediately and within fourteen days from the day on which we received the notification of your cancellation of this contract at the latest. For this repayment, we use the same means of payment that you used in the original transaction, unless something else was expressly agreed with you; under no circumstances will you be charged fees for this repayment.
F. Warranty and liability
1. The warranty and liability are based on the statutory provisions, unless otherwise regulated.
2. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is liable for damage other than damage to life, limb and health insofar as this is due to its own wilful or grossly negligent actions or to a culpable breach of a material contractual obligation by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH or one of its vicarious agents. If an essential contractual obligation is breached through negligence, the liability of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is limited to the foreseeable damage that is typical for the type of contract. Any further liability for damages is excluded.
3. Insofar as the liability of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is excluded or limited according to the provisions of these GTCs, this also applies to the proxies and vicarious agents of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
G. Final provisions
1. Should individual clauses in these GTCs be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the rest of the contract. In this case, the relevant statutory regulation takes the place of provision that has not been included or is ineffective.
2. Düsseldorf is the exclusive place of jurisdiction if the visitors are legal entities under public law or special funds under public law, are businesspeople or have no general place of jurisdiction in Germany, have moved their domicile or habitual abode abroad after the conclusion of the contract, or their domicile or habitual residence whereabouts are unknown at the time the complaint is filed.
3. The UN sales law (UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods CISG) is not applicable. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany is applicable.
4. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH does not take part in any dispute settlement proceedings, § 36 of the Consumer Dispute Settlement Act (VSBG).
5. The German language version of these GTCs takes precedence over other language versions in the event of any contradictions between different language versions.
Date: February 2023