Messe Düsseldorf GmbH General Terms and Conditions of Business Including Consumer Information for Online Sales
These General Terms and Conditions of Business are aimed at both men and women. To make these easier to read, only the male pronoun is used. Messe Düsseldorf offers trade fairs not only in a physical-digital format (hybrid event consisting of an on-site element and digital elements), but also trade fairs in a purely virtual / digital format (, which consist of digital elements only).
1. Object of the Contract
These General Terms and Conditions of Business regulate the legal relationship between Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, Messeplatz, 40474 Düsseldorf (represented by CEO Mr Wolfram Nikolaus Diener) and its visitors regarding the booking and sending of entry tickets, catalogues and merchandising products as well as entrance and the time spent on the Exhibition Centre premises by its visitors. It also regulates the legal relationship between Messe Düsseldorf GmbH and its visitors with regard to the access to virtual rooms and the participation in electronic services provided by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH in the scope of hybrid and purely virtual trade fairs / events, including any support provided for the enabling of communication between visitors and exhibitors of a trade fair.
2. Exclusive Application of these General Terms and Conditions
Upon booking, visitors acknowledge these General Terms and Conditions as the sole binding foundation of the contract.
3. Establishment of the Contract
- All offers from Messe Düsseldorf GmbH are subject to change. Offers from Messe Düsseldorf GmbH on its internet portal represent a non-binding invitation for visitors to order tickets and/or products from Messe Düsseldorf GmbH First through an online order does the visitor issue a binding offer to conclude a contract. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall accept the offer to contract from the visitor through the sending of a confirmation via e-mail.
- The procedure of the online offer for the sale of tickets for the boot Düsseldorf and the CARAVAN Salon / Tour Natur on the Messe Düsseldorf GmbH online shop, is as follows: Selection of the article, entering of your details, verification of information, select payment method, complete order. In deviation to this, the procedure for all other events held by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH the procedure is as follows: entry of your details, article selection, verification of information, selection of payment method, complete order. If you wish to take advantage of this offer, you can select the required number of tickets, enter your personal contact details and the payment method selected. We then summarise your order as an overview. Here your have the opportunity by changing to the entries page to control and correct information. By confirming the button “complete order”, your ticket order is legally concluded. When your order has been successfully completed, you shall immediately receive an electronic confirmation. This e-mail includes the cancellation policy and (where applicable as an attachment) the ordered tickets in the form of eTickets and your receipt.
- For trade fairs, Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to only issue tickets to professional visitors or buyers and to reasonably control for a professional status.
- Entry tickets to trade fairs may not be re-sold or otherwise transferred to a third party without the prior permission of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
4. Delivery, Availability of Goods
- Insofar as Messe Düsseldorf GmbH accepts visitors‘ orders; visitors shall receive an e-mail that according to the order includes an electronic ticket and receipt. Orders are against payment in advance and the goods shall first be sent upon payment in full. No reservations will be made until payment has been received. The sale of products is subject to availability. If the inventory is exhausted, Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall reject the conclusion of contract. Goods will not be re-ordered.
- In the event that deadlines and dates are named either by the visitor or Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, these are non-binding. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH makes every endeavour to deliver tickets and products as quickly as possible.
- Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall be entitled to perform any services owed by it, insofar as this is not excluded in view of the nature of the service, either itself or through a subcontractor.
- Despite the purchase of a ticket Messe Düsseldorf GmbH reserves the right to deny access to the event, if measures meant to ensure a safe staging of the trade fair (including, but not limited to health protection), which are to be respected by each visitor, and are not observed by the respective visitor. Any payments made are generally non-refundable in such cases. The stipulations according to phrase 1 and 2 do not apply, if any measures to be observed have not been published in particular in the house rules of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, on notice boards in the respective entrance areas of the trade fair premises, or by online announcements.
Payments are issued by credit card, insofar as in individual cases Messe Düsseldorf GmbH permits no other form of payment (e.g. direct debit).
6. Warranty and Liability
- Warranty and liability are in accordance with statutory provisions, insofar as not otherwise regulated below.
- Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall only be liable for damage other than personal injury, death or endangerment to health in the event that this is incurred through intentional acts, gross negligence or culpable breach of a substantial contractual duty on the part of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH or its vicarious agents. In the event of a negligent breach of a substantial contractual duty, liability on the part of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is restricted to the foreseeable damage typical for the type of contract. Any further liability to the issue of compensation is hereby excluded.
- Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall not be liable for any damage caused by measures to maintain security and order. Should a false estimation of risks by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH lead to the cancellation, constraint, or abortion of the event, Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall not be liable for mild negligence.
- A liability for damages without fault for any initial defects (§ 536a paragraph 1, 1st alternative BGB (German Civil Code)) is excluded.
- Insofar as the liability of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is excluded or limited in accordance with the provisions of these Conditions of Participation, this shall also apply in favour of the performing and vicarious agents of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
7. Cancellation Policy
You have the right to cancel this contract without the provision of grounds within fourteen days.
The cancellation period is fourteen days, but from the day on which you or a third party named by you who is not the carrier assumed possession of the goods.
In order to exercise your right to cancellation, you must inform us (Messe Düsseldorf Ticket service, Bottroper Str. 20, 45141 Essen, tel. +49(0211)4560-7600, fax: +49(0201)3101-9950, e-mail: ticket(at)messe-duesseldorf.de) through a clear declaration (e.g. with a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail) of your decision to cancel the contract. You can use the attached example cancellation form; this is however not mandatory. You may also complete the example cancellation form or another clear declaration on our website (https://eshop.messe-duesseldorf.de/Revocation) electronically. If you should use this method, we shall send you confirmation of the receipt of such a cancellation (e.g. via e-mail) without delay.
In order to comply with the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercising of the right to cancellation prior to the expiry of the cancellation deadline.
Consequence of Cancellation
In the event that you should cancel this contract, we shall return all payments that we have received from your, including delivery costs (excluding additional costs incurred through you selecting a delivery method than the low-costs standard delivery option that we offer) without delay and within fourteen days at the latest following the date that we receives your notification regarding your cancellation of the contract. For this refund we shall use the same payment method that you used for the initial transactions, unless a deviating agreement is expressly concluded; you will not be subject to charges for this refund. We may refuse to issue a refund until we have received the returned goods or until you have provided verification that you have returned the goods, depending on which of these occurs first.
You are to return or surrender the goods without delay and in all cases within fourteen days at the latest from the date that you declare the cancellation of this contract to Messe Düsseldorf Ticket service, Bottroper Str. 20, 45141 Essen, tel. +49(0211)4560-7600, fax: +49(0201)3101-9950, e-mail: ticket(at)messe-duesseldorf.de. The deadline is deemed adhered to when you send the goods back within the fourteen day term. You are only required to compensate for deterioration to the value of the goods if this deterioration is caused by handling that is not necessary for examining the characteristics and functioning of the goods.
End of the Cancellation Policy
8. Notes on cancellation of campsite bookings for car park P1 / P2
Cancellation of campsite bookings for car park P1 / P2 is possible up to 14 days before the arrival date. After which, cancellations will not be possible.
9. House Rules for the Düsseldorf Exhibition Grounds
Emergency number 111 (internal) (or: 0211 / 4560-111)
Police 110 (external)
Fire brigade 112 (external)
- The exhibition grounds are private property. The owner is Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, Messeplatz, Stockumer Kirchstraße 61, 40474 Düsseldorf, Tel. (0211) 45 60-01. This enforces the house rules in addition to the respective event organiser.
- Visitors may only enter the property including its buildings (excluding administration) with a valid ticket. All other persons require passes. Visiting is only permitted for the times and buildings stipulated on tickets or passes. Exhibition stands may only be entered under the supervision of the stand’s staff.
- Teenagers under 14 may only enter the exhibition grounds accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Exceptions only apply with an explicit notice at the cash desks.
- The facilities available for visitors are to be used in an orderly fashion and with care. All other facilities and systems may not be entered or operated by visitors.
- Photography or filming on the exhibition grounds and in the halls, particularly exhibition stands and exhibited piece is prohibited.
- Vehicle access to the exhibition grounds is only permitted with special permission.
- A smoking ban applies to all gastronomical facilities. In further individual spaces, a smoking ban may be enforced. Please observe the corresponding notices.
- Corresponding to the type of event, entering the event with bags and similar containers may be prohibited. For security reasons, the contents of bags and similar containers and clothing, such as coats, jackets and cloaks may be controlled.
- Weapons may not be brought into the building.
- Dogs and other animals may not be brought into the premises.
- Visitors to events are to leave the grounds at the conclusion of the event.
- For security reasons, the closure of rooms or buildings and their evacuation may be ordered by the Messegesellschaft. Persons in these areas are to follow instructions and should go to the respective outdoor assembly points.
- In individual cases the instructions of the control staff are to be complied with.
- The committing of criminal or summary offenses as well as any action illegally infringing the rights and liberties of any individual is forbidden.
- An infringement of the house rules may result in the immediate exclusion of any visitor from the event and in and in the removal from the trade fair premises.
10. Electronic Services and virtual rooms
- Messe Düsseldorf GmbH shall provide electronic services in accordance with the definition of the type of event in the Special Conditions of Participation, in addition to the on-site services (in case of a hybrid event) or instead of the on-site services (in case of a purely virtual event).
- The core component of providing these electronic services is the operation of a platform accessible via the Internet by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, including the provision of content on the platform. Via this platform, visitors are offered various functions depending on the specific nature of the event, such as, as a rule and in particular, access to content made available and access to audio or video transmissions, either as a live-stream, download on demand or interactive format with participation options for visitors. Access to the platform is made available to visitors in accordance with the external presentation and/or promotion of the individual event, via a website made available by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH or apps for smartphones.
- If electronic services are owed by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH, its service obligations only include the provision of system resources and/or the creation of the possibility that these can be used by visitors. Transmissions of image and/or sound signals are to be offered at the transfer point to network level 3 (house transfer point, transition to the wide area network) in a medium type and quality, in a sufficient dimension for the number of visitors reasonably foreseeable in the context of the planning of the individual event.
- The responsibility of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH for the system resources ends in any case at the transfer point to network level 3 (house transfer point, transition to the wide area network). Thus, no success is owed, neither with regard to the transmission of image and/or sound signals, nor with regard to the individual access to the platform and/or the contents provided there. The system resources made available by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH must guarantee an availability of 95% of the time on an annual average. Data backups are not owed by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH.
- Messe Düsseldorf GmbH also enjoys unrestricted domestic authority in virtual rooms, which are made available as part of electronic services. This includes that persons acting on behalf of Messe Düsseldorf GmbH have access to all virtual rooms at all times, even if they are used by individual users for special events. The house rules for Düsseldorf Exhibition premises shall apply mutatis mutandis, unless individual provisions remain unapplied due to the nature of the matter. The enforcement of the house rules is subject to Messe Düsseldorf GmbH's fair and reasonable discretion and may be implemented by the removal of individual visitors from a virtual room or by the discontinuation of an event.
- Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is free to render individual services subject to reasonable cooperation of the visitor. In the context of the provision of electronic services, in particular if subcontractors are used for this purpose, it is permissible to require the visitor to successfully complete a registration or authentication, even if this is to be carried out directly with the subcontractor.
11. Enabling Communication
- The events held by Messe Düsseldorf GmbH are generally aim to visitors and / or exhibitors to be able to interact and communicate with each other. This applies at any rate to trade fairs of all kind. Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is thus required to provide a general framework providing for such communication.
- Messe Düsseldorf GmbH is also obliged to work towards promoting the establishment of interest-oriented communication relationships for visitors and exhibitors. These obligations to promote communication are subject to the proviso that the respective visitor or exhibitor actively participates in ensuring that these obligations can be fulfilled, in particular by following interest-oriented hints and by specifying personal interests in the scope of surveys.
12. Final Provisions
- In the event that individual clauses of these General Terms and Conditions of business should be or become invalid, this shall not prejudice the validity of the remaining contract. In place of a non-included or invalid provision, the relevant statutory regulations shall apply.
- Düsseldorf is the sole legal venue insofar as the visitor is a commercial businessperson, legal entity under public law or a special public fund, a visitor that has no national legal venue, a visitor that has moved his residence or has his main residence outside the country, or his domicile or usual place of residence is unknown at the time legal action is taken. The application of the UN CISG (UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods) is hereby excluded, German law applies. The solely applicable version is not the English but the German version of these Terms and Conditions of Business including the consumer information from Messe Düsseldorf GmbH for online sales, as well as the German version of the cancellation rights for consumers.
- In case of contradictions between the German version of the General Terms and Conditions of Business Including Consumer Information for Online Sales and versions of the General Terms and Conditions of Business Including Consumer Information for Online Sales in other languages the German version shall prevail.
Düsseldorf, September 2020